Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"Mama Connection"

You have probably heard some of us young ladies refer to moments, or connections as "Mama moments" or "Mama connections".  You are probably wondering what we are talking about!  Well when *choosing* a child to advocate for we usually rely on the "Mama Connection"  it's a feeling that we get when we see the child, and we instantly wish we could swoop over to their country and rescue them, as a mama would.

We all have *those* kids that we feel that connection with, we love all the kiddos on Reece's Rainbow, but there are those special few that just capture your heart.  I had a mama moment with Layton, and Livvy, I just knew that I needed to advocate for them.  Their pictures hang above my desk, and I get this overwhelming joy when I look at their sweet faces!

Mama moments can also come with moments of concern.  When we wonder how our kiddos are doing, if they are being fed enough, if someone showed them an ounce of love today, or if they are healthy, sometimes I get worried when thinking about things like that, because there is no way for me to know how they are doing.  I worry like a mother would, I pray like a mother would, and I love them from a far as best I can.

We become so excited when we get updates on our kiddos, and we have mama moments when we squeal out of excitement!  We love hearing about our kiddos, and we love seeing that they are doing "okay".  Updates don't come often, so when they do it's most certainly a blessing. :)

We're not insane, we just have an extreme love for these babies that we've never met, but hope to one day meet.  I love having a "mama connection" with Livvy and Layton, it makes advocating feel more personal, and they change my heart every day. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment